- All abstract submissions are due 19 February 2021 and must be submitted online.
- Individuals are only allowed to submit one abstract to Food Integrity.
- A minimum of one author must be in attendance of Food Integrity in order for poster to be displayed.
- All abstracts must be submitted using the online form.
- Submissions must be received no later than 19 February 2021.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- Abstracts must be approved by all authors before submission.
- Completed submissions must include:
- Abstract Title
- Primary Presenter Details (one per abstract) Name, Job Title, Degree(s), Institution, Address, City, State (if applicable), Postal Code, Country, Email, Business Phone, Biography
- Identify Co-Authors: Name, Job Title, Degree(s), Institution, City, State, Country, Email
- Abstract Text (450-word limit). The suggested abstract format is as follows:
- Introduction: State the reason for pursuing this work.
- Purpose: State the purpose or objectives of the study.
- Methods: Describe the methods that were used.
- Results: Describe the results obtained in the study (2–3 sentences). NOTE: Specific results, with statistical analysis (if appropriate), MUST be provided. A statement of “results pending” or “to be discussed” is not acceptable and will be grounds for abstract rejection. Results should be summarised in words; do NOT use tables or figures.
- Significance: State the significance of the findings to food safety and/or public health (1–2 sentences). A short acknowledgment of support can be listed, if applicable.
Abstract Acceptance/Rejection and Notification
- Abstracts should be structured as described above. Abstracts that are not prepared according to guidelines or are too lengthy will not be accepted.
- Abstracts will be rejected if reports are inappropriate or subject matter is unacceptable.
- Abstracts that are not based on acceptable scientific or educational practices will be rejected.
- Abstracts of an educational nature MUST present an improvement or innovation on a proven method in order to educate others.
- Accepted abstracts will be notified by a member of the Food Integrity team by 19 February 2021. This will contain information regarding scheduling, logistics and booking information.