INDUSTRY PARTNER EIT Food
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers.
We need to future proof our food. So we are on a mission to build an inclusive and innovative community where the consumer is actively involved.
This is achieved through our 6 strategic objectives:
- Overcome low consumer trust – supporting European citizens in the transition towards a smart food system that is inclusive and reassuring
- Create consumer-valued food for healthier nutrition – enabling individuals to make informed and affordable personal nutrition choices
- Build a consumer-centric connected food system – developing a digital food supply network with consumers and industry as equal partners
- Enhance sustainability through resource stewardship – developing solutions to transform the traditional ‘produce-use-dispose’ model into a circular bio-economy
- Educate to engage, innovate and advance – providing ‘food system’ skills for students, entrepreneurs and professionals through advanced training programmes
- Catalyse food entrepreneurship and innovation – fostering innovation at all stages of business creation